What the guide covers
In our Guide to the Workplace, we’ve put together some really useful tips to set you up for success in the workplace including:
- Starting as you mean to go on. Some things you’ll want to achieve on your day one and the things you might not have considered (so, what’s the lunch situation?).
- Being nice. You don’t get to pick your colleagues and they’re now your most important business contacts.
- Being constructive. It’s not about what you say, it’s how you go about saying it.
- Being organised. You’ll need to be self-sufficient – remember, there’s no teacher to check up on you at work.
- Speaking out. Good employees question everything – how do we do that and why? Spend time with others and don’t be afraid to check if you’re unsure.
- Being accountable. Take active control of your own to-do list, your learning and development, and – ugh! – when things go wrong!